Monday, June 30, 2008

The Zoo



We went to the Zoo on Saturday and had a good time. It wasn't a planned thing. We actually decided to go that morning, we packed our things and headed out. The whole way to the Zoo Lina couldn't wait to get there. She kept saying "are we going to the Zoo?!!" over and over again.
When we arrived we headed straight to the giraffes but we weren't there long because Lina wanted to see the elephants. Lina was so excited to see the elephants that she just about pulled Wes's arm out of the socket. We kept trying to have her look at the rhinoceroses, the monkeys and the ostriches but she wouldn't have it. She had her mind set on seeing the elephants. When we got to the elephant's cage they came up real close to say Hi to us and that was just the beginning of the animal visits. When we went to the hippo's cage the baby hippo came up to the glass and gave Lina a kiss, then when we went to the orangutan's cage the orangutan popped out of nowhere to give the girls a big hi five. The alligator opened it's big mouth to welcome us to his cage and the tiger paraded around to show us his lovely stripes. I couldn't believe how active the animals were. Usually when we go to the Zoo they just lay around and do nothing. So, all in all we had a fun time at the Zoo.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

That looks like so much fun!!

Jessica said...

Good for you Amber! Way to be spontaneous!..I try to be.. we'll see!

Cari said...

Looks like fun! I am just now getting around to checking blogs again and I was surprised to see so many posts! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, we need to get together soon. Oh and I got my camera!!! So I'm working on a website and should be in business soon!