Thursday, November 19, 2009

Time for an Update

These pictures are all out of order but I put a date next to each one so you will know when they happened.

Jan. 15 2010 (First day of dance class)

Lina took dance class last year and loved it. Now that Brinlee is almost three she has joined Lina's 3-5 year old class. This was their first day and to my surprise both girls didn't hesitate to jump on in and follow their instructor. I stayed and watched the whole class and I was giggling the whole time because I thought they were so cute.


Dec. 14 2009 (Wes's first Triathlon)

For awhile now Wes has been drawn to the idea of doing a Triathlon but has just now decided to give it a try. With a borrowed bike and many weeks of training he succeeded in finishing his first Triathlon. He's scheduled 3 more in the near future and has bought himself a new bike.


Nov. 20 2009 (Parents come to town)

My parents so kindly agreed to fly in and watch the girls for us so we could go on a 7 day cruise. Before we left they were able to go to the bio luminescent bay and go snorkeling.

Nov. 22-29 (Our 7 day cruise)

For our 9 year anniversary we decided to take a cruise around the Caribbean. We were able to see St. Thomas, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Dominica, Antigua, and Barbados. All of these islands are so beautiful and every place we stopped we were able to enjoy some fun excursions. We swam with sea turtles, sting rays and all kinds of fish. We raced around Antigua on a speed boat, we went on a river tubing excursion and we spent the afternoon sunbathing at a beautiful beach in St. Lucia. We had a great time.


Christmas in Utah

This year for Christmas we were able to fly home to Utah. It was a bit of a shock to go from 80 degree weather to 13 degree weather. We bundled up with super warm clothes and had a very festive Christmas.

Christmas in Puerto Rico


Because we were going home for Christmas we made sure that Santa stopped off at Puerto Rico before we left. We made cookies for him and the girls were ever so excited on "Christmas morning" to see that Santa had come.

Sept. 4 2009

My Brother and Sister-in-Law came into town the beginning of September. We had so much fun with them. We went on a bike tour around Old San Juan where we saw the old Spanish forts. We visited the rain forest, went snorkeling, laid out on the beach and saw the bioluminescent bay. It was a sad day when they had to fly home.

Sept. 11 2009 (An evening in Old San Juan)

This was the first time we had cotton candy in a humid place. I was so surprised when the cotton candy started to melt on us. It started forming little dew drops all over and then began shrinking. This was so strange for us because in Utah the cotton candy doesn't do that until it's in your mouth. It still amazes me how different humid climates are from dry climates.
Oct. 10 2009 (Multi-Vendor Open House)

I had a Multi-Vendor Open House at my place on October 10th. There was a total of 12 vendors that attended. We had a great turn out and everyone had fun selling their items. There was everything from jewelry, homemade goodies, handmade clothes and scarfs, beautiful artwork and photography, health drinks, vinyl artwork and Stampin! Up (of course). It was so fun I just might consider doing it again.

Bean Bag Toss

For the ward Halloween party the Young Women were asked to come up with a game. We decided to do a bean bag toss. I drew the picture onto the board and had a friend of mine help cut out the mouth pieces. The Young Women helped me fill in the artwork with the solid colors and then I did the finishing touches. I had a fun time creating this and I think it turned out super cute considering this was my first time doing a bean bag toss!

Oct. 31 2009 (Halloween)


Halloween ward party and MOPS party. Brinlee decided to be Sleeping Beauty for the ward party and Snow White for the MOPS party and then for trick or treating in the neighborhood she wanted to be a fairy. I was so glad we just happen to have all those costumes in her dress up drawer. Halloween would've been a mess otherwise:)

Nov. 14 2009 (Ladies only Sprint Triathlon)

My first Triathlon. This was the "Ladies only Sprint Triathlon" that I helped organize and participate in. We swam 750 meters, biked 16 miles and ran 3.2 miles. I trained for 12 weeks and was so excited to prove to myself that I could do this. My goal was to at least finish but to my surprise I was the first out of the water and the first back from the bike. In the end I came in fourth overall. The run was a huge challenge for me and it was an awesome feeling to reach the finish line. I was on a high all day after it was over! I now understand why people say that Triathlons are addicting!

Nov. 17 2009 (New Moon Party)

My friend Miranda and I decided that since New Moon was coming out that it would only be appropriate to have a party. We decorated everything with black, red and white. We had official New Moon candy bar's. We had a table with all the coordinating colors, popcorn, juice and cupcakes to munch on while we watched Twilight. Miranda made the super cute cupcakes and I made the picture frames with quotes from the movie. Any excuse to have a get together and eat goodies is a-okay with me!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Looks like you guys have been up to all sorts of fun!

I recently did a mini-tri and am planning to do my first sprint this spring. I could barely finish my little one, so I have a lot of training to do! I am so impressed with how well you did in yours!

We had a fabulous time with Aaron and Lisa these past few weeks in Maui. They sure are great. I hear their trip to Puerto Rico was awesome.

Jessica said...

K, I just could never do a triathalon..you biked 16 miles????Awesome!!! You look like you guys are really enjoying the tropics, I would totally have come to your New Moon party...what a grest idea! Man....a cruise in the Carribbean sounds real nice right now!!!

Cari said...

Wow you've been one busy woman! Congrats on the triathlon- I was wondering how that went! I don't think I could swim or bike but I think I'm going to do a 1/2 marathon this year. It is totally addicting- I think I told you Anthony signed up for the St George Ironman in May and has already done like 3 other tri's, 2 marathons and has several more scheduled for next year. It's all he thinks about anymore! I'm so jealous you got to go to St Lucia- I've always wanted to go there but it just doesn't seem like much fun to bring the kids ;) Sounds like you've got a bunch of fun ladies there, I sure miss all your awesome ideas, I'm in a creativity drought here!

The Reed Family said...

I was sad I couldn't make it to your new moon party! Looks like your cruise was a lot of fun I can't wait to go on one! see you soon