Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lina goes to school



Lina is now attending Pre-pre K at the TASIS school in Dorado. She is going on her second week and already seems to be enjoying herself. She goes Mon-Fri from 8:30-3:30. It sounds like a long day for a three and a half year old but the whole day is planned out really well so the kids don't get bored. They even have time set aside for the kids to take a nap. I've been real impressed so far with the school and I'm excited to see Lina learn and mature as the year goes on.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Lina looks so precious, she is just a sweetie! we miss you guys!

KA said...

PreK & K is such a fun time. It's all about learning through play. Advice...hmmm...
Support their blossoming sense of independence by encouraging them to do things themselves. Replace the general "what did you learn today" with "what did you talk about at circle time" or some other specific part of her routine. Make a special effort to NOT do things for them that they can do for themselves. When they do require help encourage them to use their words to ask rather than just responding to the grunts of frustation with a quick rescue. And, even though she's in school ALL day, keep on reading to her in the evenings and letting her see you read. I think I could continue on this subject forever. On a side note, Lina looks darling in her uniform.

mardymeans said...

Hey Amber, I saw your blog link on the email you sent me! Your blog is so cute, that's awesome that Lina is going to school! I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your party! Sean didn't make it home in time for me to leave, I hope it went well for you!

Anonymous said...

We just back from a week @ Disney! So much fun. I will send you some pictures. That is so cool Lina is going to school. I bet she loves it. We missed a big ice storm while we were gone, as did you! I know you don't miss winter here.

Jessica said...

Umm...Amber, where are you? Stop suntanning on the beach and fill us in. What have you all been up to?-miss ya!

Unknown said...

Wow, It's crazy to see how big your kids are getting. Sorry, I missed calling you on your birthday. I'm in traveling right now (Virginia) and didn't have your phone number (or my phone - I'm using a company one), so I could call you. But, I hope you and Wes are doing well.

Love Aaron