Lina is swimming!!
It's been my goal this year to get my girls swimming. I've been slow moving on it but decide a week ago to really push the girls to get comfortable in the water. Don't get me wrong they love the water but they hated getting their face wet and always had to have some sort of flotation device when they were in the pool. It's been hard being around other kids their age and seeing them swimming like little fishes. So, I knew it was time to get my girls started. I started off by playing games with them to get them to blow bubbles. I then got them floating on their backs and sometimes I would dunk them in the water. That never ended too well:) Anyway, that's about all I did and then yesterday out of the blue Lina wanted to put her own face in the water. So, I gave her some goggles and we waved to each other under the water a few times. I showed her how to float on her tummy with her face in the water and that was it! After that she was kicking and swimming like all the other kids around her. I was blown away!! In one day she went from not wanting to get her face wet to kicking and swimming with her face in the water. I couldn't get her out of the pool because she was having too much fun. And now this morning that is all she wants to do is go back to the pool and swim. Now I just need to get Brinlee to do the same and I'll have one New Years resolution accomplished.





3 comments:
Yay! That is so exciting! I wish it were warm enough to swim here ;)
Hooray for Lina!
Once you've got one doing it, the other will follow. Good for you! And for your cute little girl, too.
=)
PS. Thanks for visiting my blog. It's always fun to "meet" someone new.
Post a Comment