Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day One, Basic Training



Wes took some pictures of work and I thought it would be fun to put them on the blog. Wes is an Executive Officer of a Basic Training unit that trains new soldiers how to become Cavalry Scouts. It's crazy how scary the Drill Sergeants can look. This was day one of Basic Training (June 6, '08) or "pick up day" as Wes likes to call it.
What's funny is that just the other day we went to a BBQ with all these Drill Sergeants and their families and they were so friendly. They were calling me Ma'am and Wes Sir (because he is an Officer). They were asking if I needed anything and opening the door for me. Very nice guys when they're off duty. Thank goodness I'm not a new Private entering the Army! Once these men put on their Drill Sergeant hats they become different people!

0 comments: